|Many had had enough and were packing up.|
|The stove doesn't actually send much heat downwards but better safe...|
|Some showed no signs of life.|
|Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003).|
|Narrow and little run off. How did they stop?|
|The rain is back.|
|4-5' step drop. Steep, wet and out of time anyway. Worth the risk?|
|To ride or not to ride?|
|Rain is holding off, but still have low cloud and strong winds.|
|A lot of the site was like this.|
|Packing between wind blasts.|
So what did I learn?
- Don't rush the journey - don't plan too much and break up the route into smaller sections that can be swapped about a lot easier.
- You will be tired - washing up and laundry aren't fun.
- Take the top-box - keep it largely empty.
- Putting the tent inside a pannier just isn't worth the hassle - use the space for food and clothes.
- Take some thick bin bags - for emergency waterproofing. Thankfully I didn't have an issue but they're cheap and take up little space.
- The only really important things are:
- Being warm and dry.
- Getting food and water.
- Sleeping well.
Probably in that order.